Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Date

Let me start by pointing out how proud I am of myself that instead of baking another gajillion cookies, or decking one more section of hall, this night I went out with my Huz!
First, before my date, I asked Eldest to show me how to take a "selfie". This is useful as in order to stay current one must learn how to take pictures of oneself. It turns out my phone has a button that makes this procedure simple!
Step one: learn something.
 

 This is the way we left our children as we departed for our date. As I said to them, you'd think we had a really small house.
Step two: Say Au Revoir!



 Huz took us downtown to Milestone 229. It is right on Bicentennial Park, and the river. The park was lit up with colorful lights and there was a psychedelic screen in the park projecting "holiday" images.
Step three: Restaurant

 The restaurant is fairly small, I counted 15 tables, and then another dozen in the bar. We were on the edge of the bar/main floor. I considered it bar because my feet couldn't touch the ground.
Step four: Martini


Dinner was delicious. I had the special, scallops on the creamiest polenta, ever. Pesto, microgreens, balsamic walnut reduction, something spicy... all came together for a fab plate. Huz had a pork chop. My vegetarianism (pescatarianism?) has led us to having very few meals that have "meat". So, when we go out, the rest of the family nearly always chooses MEAT.
Step five: Eats!


 Our way back to the valet stand was very pretty!
Step six: Shiver a bit while valet finds car.

 Then, on to the Palace Theater. It is such a beautiful old theater, I never get tired of looking around.
We had tickets for Flashdance, the musical. Again, amazed at the talent on the stage just there. Singing, dancing, acting, the whole enchilada. It brought back memories of seeing the movie for the first time, well, a while back. I was still too young to see "R" rated movies!
Step six: settle in and read the Playbill.


 After the show, we were photobombed by Marie Antoinette?!
Step seven: Demonstrate acute hipness with both "selfie" and "photobomb".

The folks leaving the Palace Theater. Into the cold! Until next time....
Step eight: Home! Date, accomplished. Excellent job, Huz!

1 comment: