Monday, October 12, 2015

Homecoming 2015- Middlest gets a crown.

"Homecoming" for our high school was this past weekend, with the home football game blowout of 54-0( actually I'm not sure that is exactly accurate, I stopped counting after 30), and the Homecoming Dance in the gym the following night.
Middlest was a star in the celebration, being elected to the Homecoming Court, conducting the band and then having a fine time at the dance.
Of course, I took pictures.


For those who missed it....you're welcome. 






 Pre-game, the Friday Night Football Live team from Channel 4 was on hand to highlight the Teays Valley Homecoming Game. The news anchor did a spot with the Homecoming Court, and got Middlest to have a chat on camera. Here they are having a laugh during the spot.



She walked through her band during the ceremony, an odd feeling, I'm sure, on the arm of one of the King Candidates.



Even though she did not win the title of Homecoming Queen, she still got a crown. Middlest likes a crown. 


 Many of the King Candidates were football players, so did not get in the group shot at the end.


The pictures I put up on Facebook of my sweet baby girl garnered many comments from my old high school pals about how she looks like her momma. So, I dug through my old photos to come up with a picture of me on the Joel Barlow High School Homecoming Court, 30 years ago.

 That is me, in the gray suit, and the big bangs. Since Jenna's hands are in her lap, I guess she wasn't pinching me, so I'm not sure why the expression. Looking into the sun? In any case, I do see a bit of resemblance.

Middlest then took up her job as Drum Major of the Golden Sound of the Vikings! Conducting in a crown? Why NOT?


Proud of her band!

The next day, we spent our afternoon on horseback, doing a 6 mile Hunter Pace over 30+ jumps decorated for Halloween. Middlest on her racehorse, who was reluctant to let any of the other 180 horses win. Let's just say the pair disagreed about the speed of the ride, and made it a challenge for both. But we made it home in time for a quick change, hair re-do, and a few pictures before her date showed up to take her to dinner and the dance.



We didn't leave time for anything but a PBJ in the truck on the way home from the pace, and our princess was a bit peckish. The camera caught her snacking in the garden.




The hairstyle she chose was crown-ready.



Her date arrived, also sporting the school colors, of blue and gold, and bearing flowers in gold- nice play! 



This is a special time for Middlest, with a lot happening at once. I love watching her juggle all the different moments, and enjoy them as well. She is an amazing young woman.

2 comments:

  1. Her dress........stunning! I am so very grateful that you and yours are in our life. Having Georgia and Madeleine as role models for Karli makes my heart so happy ;) They are fabulous young women in every respect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kelli- so far, so good!

    ReplyDelete