Thursday, October 8, 2020

Cosmetic tidy of the sink room




 After the master bedroom closet, it was time to move on to another area of the house, really it was. But, I just couldn't. The rest of the master is such a disaster. There is a room that has double sinks, and then the real pièce de résistance...the tub room. Which I am planning to leave as is for now until I am ready to bring in the sledge hammer- the only viable solution. The sink room was terrible, but did not have to be so bad. I do anticipate it getting wrapped up into the final master bed/bath remodel at a later date, so I was not going to spend money to do a facelift. 

So here is a CHEAP (my mother would tell me to say "inexpensive") cosmetic redo of the sink room. 






So many issues! JUST SO MANY. Who thinks the ivy wallpaper is the worst feature? 


But WAIT.... it is also..




Carpeted. This was a thing, I guess? Not in any house I ever lived in, but I think it was okay in the 90's?


So, the space, with a new face.






The sink room integrates well with the closet now, too.
The paint was from the closet redo, I had the side lights on the sides of the mirrors, rejects from the previous remodel. So, purchased were the knobs, with a nod to the blue leaf detail in the closet skylight, and the light above the mirror on the slant ceiling. 
Do you like the floor? I had a little fun. I wasn't thinking so Turkish, until I had a bottle of Ava Grace wine, and liked the label. Decorating should be fun! Getting the pattern right was a nice math equation to work out before falling asleep. 



Next up....? 
Oh, wait. I forgot. We ripped the family bath out to the subfloor. I guess that is next. 
Stay tuned!







No comments:

Post a Comment