Thursday, June 9, 2011

15 "extra" minutes.

Dolores with Evelyn (white lamb) and Everest(colored lamb).



So, in the few moments I have between coming home from work and heading out to the 4-H Office for Georgia's early judging on her clothing project, which is actually late, because for some reason (insert sigh here) the clothing projects are all judged before the fair- by a few weeks and we were at the wedding instead of the clothing judging and Style Show- I thought I could get started on the registrations for Middlest's sheep. This seems like it should be straight forward. Like filling out a registration for your car. Only, it is more akin to preparing your taxes. NOT a project for filling an unclaimed 15 minutes. To be fair, the process could have been made much more smooth by perseverance. See, it would be easy to register Evelyn and Eleanor if their parents were properly registered and transferred. This should have been done about two or three years ago. But. It never happened. So, now I'm trying to figure out how to get this all done. Cesar is our ram. He is not registered. He was born to a ewe my mother owns who was bred by a ram in Virginia owned by Overlook Manor Farm. My mom bought the ewe already bred, and her transfer was never recorded by the American Border Leicester Association. In order to register, and then show Evelyn and Eleanor, Cesar needs to be registered. In order to register Cesar I need to have a transfer of Cesar to us, and the transfer from Overlook Manor to my mom of Cesar's mom. I also need a breeding certification certificate from Overlook Manor that says that their ram bred my mom's ewe. Also, in order to register Evelyn and Eleanor, their moms need to be registered. This is simple for Dolores, mother of Evelyn, as she was properly transferred and recorded. But the transfer was not performed for Dancer.
I also need to know the numbers of all involved animals. This is particularly difficult because the rules state  "It is necessary that sheep be designated by the flock name or character and the number such as “Jones 46″ or “HZH 234″. Names may also be included but must be accompanied by the flock name and assigned number. "But I'm mystified as to the number's origins. Do I just make up a number?
Hmm.
And the fees. They appear to be doubled if you are not a member of The American Border Leicester Association (I am not) and maybe doubled if the animal is not registered within a year (which they are not), but I am unclear as to the original fee. Transfers same as registers? Breeding certificate fees? Are transfers not recorded within a year of transfer also double? Should I just send an enormous check and hope it covers it? I need Evelyn and Eleanor registered, I need Cesar registered and transferred. I need Dancer transferred, Cesar's mom transferred and a breeding certificate from another farm. I need signatures from people in Maryland and Virginia and Ohio to send to an office in Iowa.
Does H&R Block do sheep registrations?

No comments:

Post a Comment