Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Birthday, and Here We Go!

It's here! What we've all been working for since last fall- The County Fair! Today saw an early morning of washing and crutching the ram, cleaning all stalls and decorating the big one on the end with a Happy Birthday poster and streamers, as it is Middlest's actual birthday. Her present is Mikey, and he tolerated me tying a big green floppy bow around his neck, and then waiting for Middlest to eventually present herself. He looked a bit resigned, "what did I get myself into?", but calmly submitted to the indignity while Middlest took her sweet time joining me at the barn. Then, as Huz served up sourdough pancakes at the picnic table, the farrier applied yet another shoe to Oslo's foot. I can't eat the pancakes anyway, so better to skip the torture.
Now, Middlest bathing the chickens, Huz picking up the corn I forgot on the dock at the feedstore, and then we're off to pick up the camper.
All fair, all the time!
Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment