Thursday, December 13, 2012

Let the cookies begin!


What is winter in Ohio coming to, when the best we can do is a frost-on-the-grass morning? In the sunshine???? I suppose I can live with it.
 And the blue, blue sky? Acceptable.
 
 
But, still a bit chilly for spending large amounts of the morning outside. So; Gingerbread Morning. Middlest and I had made the gingerbread and cut out the cookies, but now it is time to get them dressed for eating. We have ENORMOUS snowflakes 6 inches across,
 
The snowflake above was broken, so it got a band-aid..
 and pretty little cottages (one antebellum Southern plantation cottage), and
 great big 6 inch high trees.  The royal icing will get super hard, so the cookies are stack-able. And the sweetness of the royal icing is just perfect with the gingerbread. They aren't gluten-free, so they are  safe from me. But I remember how special they taste!
YUM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment