Thursday, April 4, 2013

I'm so creative and cool!

I did this creative and cool thing yesterday, where I go to fill up the sheep's water buckets, step off the cement stall apron, catch my big 'ol Muckboot on the edge and see if I can land on the end of my tibia. It is creative, as this eliminates the use of the foot, and entirely redecorates the look of where the foot and the leg meet (formerly thought of as my ankle.) And it is cool, as it allows you to lie in 24 degree morning sun, allowing yourself to cry, bitterly, about finding yourself on the ground, yet again.
My right tibia has been in training to be my landing gear before (jumping off moving vehicle, 1985, getting clipped by gallumping golden retriever, 2005) but I can't say it has actually done the job yet. No doubt, I shall keep trying.
So, I drove myself to town in the truck to get lumber, t-posts and a tube gate (the hogs arrive this weekend), and stopped at the Walgreens for a new set of crutches. When he arrived home, the new crutches fooled Huz into thinking I had actually seen a professional damage detector. Although I am not, for my own species, I am....experienced. I have diagnosed it as "will be fine".

Also arriving yesterday afternoon, a borrowed barn. Really.We borrowed a barn for the hogs from a generous friend/ neighbor, who is currently not using said barn. Now, having friends with a barn they are willing to lend is remarkable. Even more so, is friends with the ability to move said barn over one afternoon.



So, now build a hog enclosure. Crutch girl.
No picture of that. Not sure how that is going to work anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment