Friday, November 15, 2013

Catie Bradshaw

Every so often, I leave the kids to their own devices by going off on a lark (one cannot watch soap operas and eat bonbons all the time).
Every so often I pretend I'm Carrie Bradshaw.
So:

As I tried to come up with ways to make sure the things that need to get done while I am not here are done by my children.....I couldn't help but wonder; is there any way to keep the children off the computer, and away from the television long enough for them to complete their tasks?
What if the basic problem between kids and their moms is that Moms expect too much? Or, could it be that kids are just not responsible enough to control their own desires?
I ask the question: "Will we ever find common ground?"

I thought about punting off this question to the one person designed to know the answer to everything: Huz.
But, first I had to find some jeans that look beat up but that are really expensive, my Chanel (ahem, well, Chanel inspired) jacket and some really high heels. Probably a cigarette, too. Could I be taking this Carrie thing too far? Certainly need to drop the cigarette idea, as Huz won't appreciate it, and they are stupid expensive. Plus, I don't want to make my "Chanel" stink.
No way can I achieve Carrie curls, I've a much more Samantha set of hair. But, she's not as introspective, couldn't answer this question with anything but "Send the brats off to Swedish boarding school and be done with it. Besides, everything on that list could be done by a really handsome barn boy."

Maybe what I need to do is leave a list and trust it will get done. But, it wouldn't hurt to hide the remote and the mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment