Thursday, January 9, 2014

Passing time in a polar vortex.

As you probably know, this area (the USA) has been hit with something they are calling a "polar vortex" (which seems to mean "totally freakin' freezing") in the past week. I am currently waiting the arrival of a "plumbing outreach program" to determine what threat the dripping pipes in the basement pose, and to "implement a dishwasher recovery" on our brand new (month old?) dishwasher which has been charged with "attempted flooding" for an incident yesterday at 5 a.m. Whatever happens I am going to urge the plumber to be "conservative with our available resources".
As you might surmise I am listening to a LOT of NPR.
But my sunroom is sunny, raising the temperature in this room to soaring temps that have me kicking back in a short sleeve tee and light sweater (it's 68!). Which makes me dream of being outside, riding, gardening, building something.  And, although it is not quite warm weather, it's still less than 20 degrees, it is sunny, so I may have to get on the horses today!
















That blank was where I have tried to insert a pic of my inspiringly sunny sunroom. The machine here has different ideas and refuses to do so. Oh well.


For several hours of this deep freeze, I have been lost in a blog my dear friend Trish found and shared with me. Her blog is one my regulars too- the entire family is a joy. (twebsterarmstrong@BlogSpot for those interested). Anyhoo (said in my best Trish voice), the blog she told me about is called "hookedonhouses.net". And, I am. I always have been. Well, you could also say I have long been hooked on barns too. In any case, this blog is a great resource for one of my passions. I have been losing myself in "before and afters" and houses for sale- incredible houses, highlights of complete renos, etc.
We will soon close on the little house we are buying near campus for the college kid to live in (she needs housemates, so if you have an OSU'er that likes to study and wants a cute place to call home away from home...). This means my presleep time is spent renovating Salem House in my mind. I have "done" the kitchen and main floor bath, most of the living room, and have been "working" on the second story, and the staircases. For those of you who don't recall, I usually need to mentally build something in order to get to sleep. It shuts off all the other noise, and I concentrate on one thing. One I get something worked out, I can drift off. This takes variable amounts of time, depending on what I'm trying to work out.
In any case, I will share the progress on Salem house here, unless the computer continues to refuse to publish any photos, in which case the actual progress will, for you all, resemble the progress in my mind.


....invisible.....















1 comment:

  1. Ok: Blogger is refusing to participate in our blogposts, and you have piqued my interest in your sunny sunroom. Please post photo on FB until Blogger gets its act together.
    ~ T.

    ReplyDelete