Sunday, August 7, 2011

Bowl of rice, please.

Huz is home from the second trip to China within a year. I did not accompany him on this trip- and I can only say that I wouldn't have left what needed to be done these past ten days to any loved ones, as it has been... a bit busy. Today was our first day "home" for more than sleep, a bit of food and barn chores. "Home" meaning at church and the airport.
But, the airport trip got Huz back, so perfectly worth it. His trip was to Shenzhen, China, with some time also spent in Macau and in Hong Kong. The reason for the trip was he was a Course Master for the European School for Advancement of Veterinary Studies. He and three other Course Masters were there to teach ultrasonography to veterinarians, mostly Asian, but some from other areas of the globe. He teaches in English with translation into Chinese performed by Chinese Veterinarian/translators.  Then, they use ultrasound machines to practice the principles taught in the lectures.
I hope he downloads the pictures from his trip onto my computer so I can share!
For him, it is 8:30 a.m., for me, time to finish the last of barn chores and go to bed. We'll see how long it takes for him to adjust. Last time I was in China with him, it took me days and days of feeling foggy, fuzzy and underwater before I started waking up during the day. He's much quicker at readjusting. He's also better at eating food in China, sending us some pictures of what he ate that I wouldn't even think about touching. Things like large red octopi, donkey and chicken feet. Steamed Bungs? No thank you. I'll have bottled water and a bowl of rice, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment