Sunday, August 21, 2011

Doggies do.

Writing about the canine loves in my adult life (I demur as there were several before the age of majority; Rumple, April, Blossom most prominent) I resolved to make my next blog entry a brief photo journal of the small group offered to me and treasured for their own selves.

This is Randleigh and me on a walk (with a sit) in Tennessee with my Mom and Dad (no doubt wielding the camera). Randleigh was a great hiker, despite being crippled with limbs developed when he was an undernourished wanderer which left him with painfully displacing patellas (knee caps that popped to the inside of his hind limbs). He was safest in the open, unleashed and was usually non-lethal to the unexpected stranger encountered on the trail . He and I spent many a vacation in the mountains of North Carolina and Virginia. Impoverished vacationers sleep for free in the woods. And I had no doubts in his ability to take on a bear.
Young Hannah, on the front porch of my North Carolina farmhouse (where she'd been dumped from a moving car) with my Mom. This was the little porch party after my graduation from Veterinary School, 1994

Randleigh (in a rainbow) and Hannah on the porch of the Fluck's North Carolina cabin. I think this was October, 1994- on our honeymoon. Yes, we brought the dogs.


Young Tucker, with Youngest still in diapers here at Cowfeathers, 2004.  Youngest was watering the raspberries, and Tucker was helping.








One of my favorite pictures of Tucker.













And Julia. The latest addition.

Jules.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this treat!All are beauties, Julia is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cate, how amazing that I was able to share a friendship with you through two of those hounds! Life romps on.

    ReplyDelete