Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Six Hours

This is the "After" photo.  I have to mention, I'm a very senimental gal. The rope bed is a family antique, the little roll top desk was a garage sale find, by my mother, in the early 70's. She refinished it, and it was my sister's, then mine. The hook rug was fashioned by my  mother when she was in high school. The Lite Brite on the sill, was mine as a child, one of my favorite toys. And the painting over the fireplace is a watercolor by me, of our local county fair.



This is a blog post written as a team, by me (as usual) and with input from my son, Youngest. The reason he is co-writing this post, is it is about his stuff.
I'm calling the post "Six Hours" because that is the amount of concentrated time it took for our team to uncover his floor.
"It's Clean! That means there isn't a lot on the floor." Also, he adds "I love Cheese." This has become his most common utterance in the last few weeks. I think because it is so.
"I like having  clean room better because I can play in it and do my homework. I makes me feel good.
When my room is dirty I feel like I don't want to be in it. I don't feel like it is a nice room.
The best thing about having a clean room is I want to spend time in it, and it is nice when I go to bed. I'm going to keep it clean and pick it up every night. "
"Do you promise?" (That is me, in a very hopeful voice).
"It's a medium promise."
I guess that's all I can hope for....

This is a "Before" photo. Yep. You might be saying "ONLY 6 hours?" And I would have to say that miracles do happen.

1 comment: