Thursday, February 24, 2011

New?

A few weeks back, a blog I called "CrAsH" lamented the demise of my computer. I've been using an old Mac to do any computing since that day, until now. Today my new computer is in place. Huz did the purchasing, and it came in the mail a few days back. Then, he commenced to fussing with it so it was ready to assist me in all things floated in the ether of cyberspace (still totally makes NO sense to me). Last night, after I returned from a 4-H training session with my Officer children, he made the final adjustments that would permit me to turn it on and get going. So, this morning, in the 4 minutes I allotted myself to check my Facebook page and answer the bevy of bonmots listed on the little earth icon, I thought I would be doing this on my new, shiny computer. But as I arrived at it's side, its newness not yet glowing in the early morning grey light, I noticed it was not nearly as shiny as I had hoped. Indeed, what I suspect to be dark chocolate frosting from the top of one? of Youngest's birthday school cupcakes was smeared all over the keyboard. So, I spent much of the 4 minutes scrubbing chocolate off the brand new sticky keys.
I have heard it said that once the children are gone I will miss the shoes all over the place, the couch ensconced in Legos, the piles of laundry, the use of 25 drinking glasses in one afternoon, the dining room table covered in books and over clothes and old bags of Valentines written in Spanish and bleeding their glitter on all. I will miss finding withered apples under the drivers seat in the car and a trail of bloody nose droplets from bedroom to bathroom, and candy wrappers under every seat cushion and pillow.
My thoughts are.... Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment