Sunday, February 26, 2012

Eldest is elder-er.

So, while I was spending four days at the local-ish Veterinary Conference, gleaning pearls about crusty dog skin, erosive face lesions in cats, and the significance of keratinocytes, my Eldest was plowing ahead on the road to turning 17. And she's gone and done so.
Yikes.
I'm still bemused that I have a teenager, and she's well into that decade now.
Congratulations to my beautiful baby girl, and to me and to Huz for making it this far.

The day began with the traditional Birthday Donut. This is no easy thing in the coun'ry. Birthday Donuts require planning!

After a dinner of cheese fondue, she opened her present- a new flute! I had her going, thinking it was new barn boots. HA!

Then, a post- present jam session, with Youngest on the drum (check out the white-mans overbite), Eldest on her new flute, and her friend on the acoustic guitar.
We Rock! And then we stuffed ourselves with chocolate and fruit from the chocolate fountain. Yum. Happy Birthday Girlie.

1 comment: