Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cowfeathers- China edition



Well, the light is coming up in Ohio, and I am seeing it though the airport windows, the blue tail with graphic globe of my Continental airplane poking up into the rose dawn. That sounds kinda pretty. Romanticising airline travel is a tired game, but necessary for me to get through the next 26 hours.

Cowfeathers could have been left in easier stead were I doing any lifting- I'm afraid I've left a bit of a mess for my kind parents. Yesterday sheep herd health became top priority when Eli (brown, wethered lamb) came up with bottle jaw (hypoprotienimia, likely due to Haemonchus ((sick because of worms))). So, my Mom, with bad knees and good determination administered medicine to the sheep while I waved around my arms and "supervised". I really dislike being useless! This is not a good way of life choice for a Fragile Flower. Not to be outdone, Peaches, the black and white paint horse, walked out dead lame yesterday morning, inducing a round of hose piping (running cold hose water over the swollen limb for 15 minutes) and bute (anti-inflammatory) with stall rest and a spastic owner (me).  This horse has never, ever been off, let alone lame. But, the day before you leave, someone has to get sick. Bless you children for giving it a rest this go-round. Re-cap:  Left home. Mess. Sick sheep. Lame horse. Love my parents.

And off we go to China, Starbucks in hand (no, don't worry, just green tea for me). We will fly to Newark and then to Bejing. Then, on to Kunming. Piece o' cake. At least I have a handsome and patient travel partner willing to carry my purse. See you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment