Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve!

My alter ego might be getting her nails done and her husband's tux from the dry cleaner this afternoon, in preparation for a black tie evening filled with champagne fountains and tasteless, mess-free hors d'oeuvres. I hope she has fun. I, myself, have just finished cleaning the hen house. This is a job that is necessary to do today, despite other pressing items to be done, because it is warm today. This means that the chicken poo is thawed, and that is the only time to successfully clean the hen house. I should be getting ready for tomorrow's annual neighborhood Cowfeathers New Year's Day Open House. But a  nice trip through the tub is necessary before any other thing can really be accomplished after cleaning the hen house. So, clean me first, then the house, and get to some baking. Huz is currently working on a carrot cake, so that means no other people allowed in the kitchen. Gives me a reprieve to weigh in here and go fix myself. Plus, I need to decide on my Resolution. This is a very grave decision. One that should probably be made with the assistance of hot water and soap. Tonight we get to go ring in 2011 at the S's. Generous hosts, fine friends with food and cards and kids... wonderful New Year's in the country.
The ponies are happily rolling in the mud of the front pasture, so after tomorrow's party, that will be the next order o' business! Uncrusting ponies!

No comments:

Post a Comment