Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Hibernation

The Hibernation has begun. This is the wonderful time of the year when I don't feel compelled to be occupied outside of my cave. I cannot, literally hibernate, I still have a barn full of animals that need care and attention, but somehow January is my month of leisure. February will have a bit less ease, then March begins and it is time to go back outside. Plant peas. Whip the asparagus garden into shape. Pick up paddocks and pastures. Plant grass. Indeed the seed catalogs began pouring in the week after Christmas. But for now, I have January. I can get my spinning wheel set up and begin spinning again. I can start putting my wonderful photos from China into an album. I can read more, paint more, write more,  bake more bread.
Speaking of painting, I have to share with you my most treasured Christmas present. My Dad painted (at my Mom's urging) this painting of my favorite pair of "dress boots". (That's countryspeak for fancy cowboy boots).
Isn't it wonderful!?
The colors are much better in person than on my phone camera. But, still. I just love it.
So, now, after I do a bunch of 4-H stuff, I am going to take a few moments to just do something I enjoy. More than laundry, more than dishes (both of which also need attention). I'm going to Hibernate. Let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment