Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's Electric!

The sheep spent the afternoon in the barn pasture, as per usual. It was sunny today, and it may have made them friskier than usual, as the fence line took major hits along the entire length. I was on fence repair detail, also as per usual. Middlest was trying to get everyone back where they belong- harder when it isn't quite dark, as all are resistant. Like the response to Mother's call of every summer child;  "Aw, Mom, it's not dark yet, can't we play outside a while longer?" And, it is awfully cold. I notice this particularly as I have to work with fixing the wires glove-free. My gloves are too clumsy to properly catch up and twist the wires, and I have to get out my knife to cut off the wool wound around the connections. I think sheep wool is a rather effective insulator for wire. And we have some woolly wire! But, the fence is again electric, and my hands will eventually warm up. The animals are all in bed for the night, with a prayer from me that the call of death will pass them by....

No comments:

Post a Comment