Friday, March 11, 2011

Mud+Pigs=Cake.

It is nearly 11p.m. I am waiting for little pink pigs to set. I made the little pigs from white chocolate, tinged pink, to perch in the thick waves of dark chocolate buttercream frosting atop a chocolate cake. Middlest made the cake while I was at work this evening, so that part was at least finished when I got home tonight. I also am waiting for the sheep lollipops to set that will go in a ceramic pot crowned by a billowing cloud of white sheepwool roving. No, this is not what I planned to do when I got home from work. I planned to take a bath and go to bed, but the 4-H Chinese Auction is tomorrow, and we coun'ry people do love a cake. Chocolate too. And pigs. Lord knows he's made enough mud this past week or two for any number of stereotypic rolling hogs. Not possessing of swine, the Cowfeathers horses have taken up the banner and are doing quite a nice job.  But this cake doesn't feature horses, and I hope the piggies are ready soon. I'm a tired.

1 comment: