Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Suspicious shades of green.

Today, as we hauled the stall cleanings out by manure bucket (too sloppy to get a heavy wheelbarrow through the muck) and added to our admirable pile ( I like to watch it steam and create the magic composted smack of nutrients to benefit the gardens), I noticed the barn pasture has this hue that looks suspiciously like green. I also noticed a peculiar feeling in my sentiment. It involved that tremor that bespeaks of projects. So, I enticed Middlest into helping excavate a mound of weeds and trees in the corner of the neighboring cornfield. I was suspicious that this mound housed woven wire fencing pulled up by a generation past, folded into a book and tossed in the corner. There are several of these mounds. Of course, we need to do something about fencing for the sheep, and woven wire is the best bet. Why not attempt to reuse-recycle? We pulled and yanked and finally got the mound loose. Then pulled and stepped and tugged to make it somewhat linear. Straightened out, it is the length of  one  side of the paddock. Not bad! Now, to contact the farmer who owns the field and find out if he is particularly attached to the overgrown fencing.
Also time to sheer those sheep! Dear Kendra, please help me sheer the sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment