Sunday, December 18, 2011

Nesting tree.

My Nesting Tree.
It stands in the corner of my sun-drenched, happy, white room. On it are dozens of nests I've gathered from around the farm, and eggs found on springtime trudges from barn to pastures.  The nests are special in ways other than their provenance. Many of them feature parts of my beloved critters!


One of my most "favoritest" nests. The outside of the nest is from our sheep's wool. the nest structure is of tail hairs from the horse Samantha. The egg inside is an anomaly of smallness laid by one of our chickens.

1 comment:

  1. Years ago, my mum found a nest made of Sock's tail hair. Very tightly wound, amazing a tiny little bird could create. I still have it in a box somewhere. I love the wool nest. That was probably a warm nest.

    ReplyDelete