Saturday, December 31, 2011

"2011 Top 10!"


I was listening to NPR the other morning on my way to work, and they were discussing the modern tradition of the end of year "Top 10" list. This is where everyone in television, magazine and blog lists their "Top 10  _____!"  Fill in with "movies", "new television series" "albums" "celebrity divorces" etc.
So, I'm listening and thinking "I have a blog. Perhaps I should create my own "Top 10!".
But then, the only good movie I can remember watching this year was "Finding Nemo".
I'm about as hopeless with television shows. Albums? Yikes. Does Chet Baker have anything new on the scene?
Maybe I'm not cut out for "Top 10!".
Then again, my blog isn't about movies or television, celebrity divorces or music albums.
So, I thought, perhaps "Top 10 Cowfeathers Sunsets!" .



Which left me skeptical that anyone would bother looking past number 8.
"Top 10 favorite things that happened in 2011!"
This was a  mistake, because then your choices get fraught with meaning, or terribly bland..." being with my family".



 If I choose #1 as something to do with a child, that would be playing favorites. If I choose it to be something like, well, "adopting Julia" ( the black dog)


 then, I am choosing my animals over my kids. And, really if I'm going to do that, then I should probably choose the big black horse who carried me through my first few horse trials in 25 years, and not the dog that still occasionally poops on the hearth, and dumps over the trash cans.


So, I rejected that idea for my "Top 10!".
And, maybe, I'm not well suited to a list of anything from 2011, because I am not so good at looking back. I get nostalgic and then all macabre. I'm an optimist (okay, the Cowfeathers Farm blog faithful will also know that I'm a horriblilizer), mostly an optimist, so looking forward is much more healthy.
If this blog thing was easier, and readers could more readily respond in the comments section, I could ask for help in choosing my resolution, making a "Top 10 Choices of Resolution for 2012!" But, I can't  even figure out how to comment on my own blog, and I hear it isn't just me that seems to be deficient in this ability. So, I guess I'll decide the choice of Resolution on my own. Which leaves me decidedly without a "Top 10!" in my blog. So much for being NPR caliber.
And, then, I hit on the idea of letting the intrepid readers of this blog choose the "Top 10!. So, (as they say), without further adieu, I present the .....
"Top 10 most popular blogposts on Cowfeathers Farm!"
Posts
Jan 20, 2011
1,283 Pageviews
Jul 30, 2011, 2 comments
145 Pageviews
Feb 14, 2011
97 Pageviews
Apr 18, 2011, 1 comment
96 Pageviews
Apr 6, 2011
78 Pageviews
May 2, 2011, 1 comment
72 Pageviews
Jun 14, 2011, 1 comment
68 Pageviews
Oct 24, 2010, 1 comment
62 Pageviews
Aug 15, 2011, 2 comments
59 Pageviews
Aug 2, 2011, 2 comments
59 Pageviews

1 comment:

  1. smile... nice post and final choice.
    happy new year my friend.
    love you!

    ReplyDelete