Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bleacher Butt/BandMomWaterboy

About to begin the parade.

Today was the Homecoming Pep Rally. Another thing in the "new to me" category. I think in High School we had a pep rally sometime during the school day where we walked down to the track/stadium and missed a few classes. Here, we have a full evening pep rally, that begins with a 6pm parade through town. The Marching Band leads the parade- after the Boyscouts with the flags, and I now know they play "Louie- Louie" repeatedly for the route. I know this because I was a Band Mom Waterboy. New to this too- a theme? , I was given cush duty as the waterboy for the Flag Corps and the Drum Majors, that left 4 other BandMomWaterboys to cover the other 100 kids in the band. Cush. Except that meant I had to pay enough attention to avoid getting smacked down by flags.

After marching about the town, followed by pickup trucks stufffed with sport teams and cheerleaders ( including my monstertruck, Blondie, housing the 7th grade Volleyball team, helmed by huz)
the parade and spectators end up in the football stadium. For presentation of the homecoming court and some tug of war matches...featuring a lot of cheerleaders. A speech from the Head Football Coach, introduction of the football seniors, etc. All the while, the band playing...thankfully no more "Louie Louie", but "Sweet Child of Mine" and a lovesong of some sort, I don't know, I heard it 40 times during the homecoming court presentation, but....anyway, the National Anthem- excellent and the "HEY"song- popular faves. So, did my time as a BandMom. Now, release me to the 4H!
(although I'm happy to be waterboy for parades- really.)
Oh, and in the Band Room, I found the hardware from the Contest over the weekend (see BleacherButt)...here's the take for the #1 band at the contest!

One Contest???REALLY? Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment