Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hamster Wheel.

This was a pot filled with a huge crysanthemum and the thing on it's side, there, was a robust ornamental kale. That was until the locustsheep discovered it.. Middle kid spin? "Well, at least you have Halloween decorations."
It's three. And it need to be about 11 a.m. Sometimes you have to just leave stuff undone and go on. Perhaps I do this too often, as it seems a lot goes undone! But, I do stuff constantly. Today, I have fixed the steps in the barn- a sometimes hazard consequent to 200 year old steps. This time it was the bottom step that went on an adventure, and not whilst I, nor anyone else, was standing upon it. This is good. One of its higher neighbors decided to go south while I was carrying down a haybale a few years back. After I landed below, my eldest looked down from above and said "MOM!ARE YOU OKAY?!?!" I did quick inventory, and said "Yup, I think so." To which she replied; "Well, then, why are you still lying there?"
I replaced the fence where we open it for easier access to the outhouse during the barn party. I moved rocks and flower pots and the horse trailer. I cleaned out the water buckets and the goose pool. I picked up past two days of manure in the paddocks- 4 wheelbarrow loads. I swept out the stalls and chased around the rogue lambs as they demolished yet another blooming effort in the garden. I rode two horses, bathed 4 (one horse twice, as the first time was purely a ticket to become a raincloud- a la Pooh) cleaned 2 bridles and 2 saddles, half chaps, girths and pads. I moved hay bales and regained access to the loft post- party. I fixed electric fence and fetched the coolers from the barn and the pitchfork from the burn pile. I watered the perennial border garden and did three loads of laundry. I drank two cups of tea and ate a hummus omelette for breakfast and some cottage cheese for lunch. It is now 3:05, and not much have I done today will last past tomorrow.....hamster on a wheel. Go Hammy Go!
This was the view from the hamster wheel while running on it with Oslo. He's a fine looking Hamster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment