Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thank you!

What a wonder is a winter ride, when it is sunny, and you find yourself stripping off layers until you are in your last few. Add to that a pleasant mount, happy to be out and about, brave and forward.(Thank you Oslo!) Top it off with a friend to ride beside, chat with, share confidences (Thank you Carly!) and you have a recipe for an afternoon of joy!
I took my horse to church with me this morning. Not to the sanctuary, but near the church, to my friend Carly C.'s farm, and left him there. Then, I walked back over the river and through the wood to our cute little church. Advent has begun. After church, I collected a grilled cheese from the youth group Soup and Sandwich in the basement (Thank you, kids!) and walked back to my horse. Now that I think about it, nary a mention of my church attire, which featured leather-seated breeches. Hmmm. (Thank you Hopewell for your discretion).
Then tidy up my "pony" and try out Carly's new indoor arena. So amazing. Great footing, no wind....flat! After causing Oslo to break a mighty fine sweat, we headed out for a road ride down a wide, flat, empty road in the sunshine.
Then, Carly's Mom served up a delicious bowl of vegetarian chili, ripe with the taste of garden tomatoes, divine. (Thank you Mom!) A fine Sunday.
Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment